MakeOurWAY.com

The official online community for WAY.
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:42 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Game Impressions!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:26 am 

I just finished second play-through after leaving connection for quite some time, but in spite waiting time I was compelled to play it twice. It's brilliant idea and it managed to put a smile on my face (for the second time too, even though I knew ending).

As far as suggestions go Id like to join in requests for some kind of in-game bulletin where you could post time you are going to be online and see other people time tables too, at least for the time being since player base is not that huge. Also it wold be nice if game kept track of how many times you have been red guy and how many times you have been blue guy and appoint roles appropriately, since i started game 3 times (one game failed unfortunately) and every time I was blue fella. As far as game length goes I think its perfect and if (or when) you introduce enough number of puzzles levels should be chosen randomly (you could have 4 or 5 difficulty tiers and for every one of them several puzzles) to motivate multiple play-throughs and meet new people. In my opinion you shouldn't implement private games (even at this stage since friends can just join game at the same time if they think lack of players is an issue) since it defeats core of both game-play and meaning and message of game.

As far as technical things go I didn't experience any notable bugs, beside one minor thing that happened on my first play-through when the music was lagging (skipping in fact) but it might be just that my internet was lagging (don't know if those things are connected). I only have to question decision to make game in 4:3 ratio. I read in other post one of game designers statement that its still most common ratio and while that may be true (Im not so sure actually) in general case it's most certainly not for your targeted audience (Desk/Lap-top PC market) and while alt/enter works its not as good as if it was m native resolution.

Also I saw that you guys are interested in where we heard for this game from, so Ill just answer up in advance that it was from Indie games award ceremony.

I know it's lengthy post but It was motivated by desire to help improving this great game so I hope you understand,
Best wishes for your game from Serbia.

Post subject: Re: Game Impressions!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:20 pm 
Site Admin

Thank you for your suggestions! Glad you enjoyed the game. :-)

We agree that the current length is a good length for a single playthrough and are figuring out ways to add content without increasing the game's length.

The next version of the game will support non-4:3 aspect ratios with black bars on the sides.

Music is not in any way tied to your internet connection. It's more likely that some other program was using your hard disk (virus scan maybe).

Walt

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 2:25 am 

When i was ran the game first time and we ran till the world screen first message that my colleague wrote was "you are sucker".
Also i think there must be some kind of cooldown of that yelling ability on down button
mates sometimes press this frequently that's irritating a bit

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 6:11 pm 

I am amazed by this game, but it's sad that it is so short.

It'd be great if there'd be some randomly generated levels or toons of them to choose from. I hope more of them'd be added soon!

Great idea, best game ever!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]