MakeOurWAY.com

The official online community for WAY.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:29 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:11 am 

This game deserves to be very popular, and it pretty much needs it to work when a final version is on its way.
But the name of this game, WAY, makes it very hard to find it via search engine. It is a very common word, and even if you combine it with other related words (game, indie, etc) there are way to much results. Maybe you could even name it "make our way" like the website, I don't know. The thing is, if I recommend the game to someone, I'll say that it is called "way" and they will probably never find it. Or if someone reads about "WAY" on other websites without a link, they will also have a hard time finding it. I own a small website and I know that most of the traffic comes from search engines in a lot of cases, so I really think you should consider this change :)

I'm pretty sure this name has a meaning of some sort, looks like and acronym, but I'd like to know if you think you should consider this, or maybe if someone else agrees, even if this forum is quite empty :P

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:56 am 
Site Admin

There's no real meaning behind the choice of WAY. We just liked how it sounded, that it was short, and that you could pronounce it in most any language.

Your point is well-taken, though. It's an issue that's come up before in discussions -- the name is hard to google. I suppose we haven't ruled out changing the name yet.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]